Video talking about some things that went right and some things I could have done better on this project.
What went right
- Good pacing of mechanic introduction.
- Sound effects synced with music to enhance gameplay.
Could have been improved
- Do pixel art instead of tile graphics to improve flashiness.
- Find a way to help the player remember what each tile does, something like a log book or tutorial text.
- Design the levels to visually feel more distinct from one another, as they all pretty much play the same.
- Tile art can't show action so screenshots looked lifeless rather than action packed.
- Having to download the game limits the number of people that access the game.
- Dark color scheme makes everything more dull and less exciting.
- Lighting with desaturated floors makes it hard to see where the floor actually is.
I was pretty happy with this game at the time as I was able to practice level design, though there was room for improvement in a few other areas.
Get Puzzle Tiles
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.